Maybe you've heard of a workout called Pound Fit? This is a type of cardio exercise that combines movements similar to playing drums with the use of special sticks, and its duration is about 45 minutes.
This sport has become increasingly popular in recent years, especially among women, thanks to its extraordinary benefits of being able to burn up to 900 calories.
Even though it looks like aerobics, Pound Fit has its own uniqueness thanks to the use of special drum sticks called Ripstix and accompanied by a stomping music rhythm. Many of the movements are inspired by yoga and Pilates. Therefore, Pound Fit can be a suitable choice for those of you who want to exercise while experiencing extraordinary pleasure.
Safe and Effective Pound Fit Tips
Here are some suggestions that can help you have a Pound Fit session safely and effectively:
- Choose a drumstick that suits you. Make sure the drumsticks you use are appropriate for your hand size and strength. Choose drumsticks that are neither too heavy nor too light, so that your movements remain effective and the risk of injury is minimized.
- Do the exercises well. Before starting, make sure you understand the movements correctly and can follow the instructions well. Don't hesitate to ask the instructor if there is anything you don't understand.
- Warm up and cool down. Don't forget to warm up before your Pound Fit session and cool down after. This helps the body prepare for intense physical activity and prevents injury.
- Increase intensity gradually. Start with a low intensity and increase slowly as you progress.
- Listen to your body. Don't force yourself to do movements that are too difficult or tiring. Stop or reduce activity if you feel tired or uncomfortable. Make sure you enjoy this exercise so you don't get bored.
- Keep your body hydrated. Make sure you drink enough water before, during and after your Pound Fit session to keep your body well hydrated.
Benefits of Pound Fit Exercise
If you are looking for an exercise that is fun and not boring, Pound Fit might be an interesting choice. Here are some of the benefits that can be obtained from Pound Fit:
1. Slimmer Stomach
Pound Fit can help train all body muscles, especially the middle and abdomen. This type of exercise focuses more on the core muscles than other sports, especially because most of the Pound Fit movements involve squatting positions.
2. Positive Mood
Exercise in general helps release endorphins in the body, improves mood, and provides feelings of happiness. This is especially true for sports accompanied by music, such as Pound Fit and aerobics. This exercise can also help reduce stress and depression, as well as provide clarity of thought and improved cognitive abilities.
3. Health and Concentration
Pound Fit requires you to move with high intensity, while focusing on the movement of the drum instrument. This helps improve your concentration during exercise and contributes to improved overall health.
4. Weight Loss
Pound Fit is a type of high-intensity exercise that helps burn calories and fat quickly. This exercise is suitable for those who are on a diet program, helping them achieve more optimal results in weight loss.
Now, a variety of sports venues and studios offer the opportunity to try this activity, so you can easily explore the world of sports.